Working With Wood

During this course, I took a workshop called Woodshop. In this class, we learned how to use certain tools and machines with the wood. I learned how to transfer a picture from paper to a block of wood. The first thing we did was use the table saw so that we could all have a piece of wood for our pictures. After everyone got their piece of wood, we all uploaded a picture of us into a google docs and they had to be acceptable so that we could put them on the block of wood. Next, we had to take our pictures and up load them into a website that can reverse the picture. We had to wait for our pictures to print out so that we could start the process of our wood pictures.
 After everyone received their pictures, we had rub the corners of the wood in sand paper so that the wood could have soft edges. Once the edges were smooth, we stained our wood. "Stain may be loosely defined as any transparent or translucent agent used to color wood. Unlike paint, which has pigment suspended in a binder, the coloring agent in stain is a dye that is dissolved in liquid. Thus, the color penetrates into the wood fibers, rather than resting in a surface film like paint. According to Google. 
After we stained the wood and waited for it to dry, we painted glue on top of the wood so that we could place our pictures on top of the wood. I had to be careful with the way that I put my paper on the wood because Aaron told us to be careful with the amount of glue because you didn't want any bubbles on your paper. It took a couple days for the glue to dry, after it was dry, we used sponges with water so that we could scrape off the leftover paper so that our picture could stay on the piece of wood. 
It took at least 15 minutes to scrape off all of the wood because I had to be careful with the amount of force I was putting on the paper so that my actual picture wouldn't come off of the wood. After I finished taking off the paper, I covered my piece of wood with Polyurethane, and what this fluid does is give wood a shiny coat. After I finished this part of the project I let my piece of wood dry and it came out pretty good. I really liked the way my project looked and I am very thankful that Adam helped me throughout this process. Thanks to him I now know to use certain tools and machines for wood and I know how to put pictures on wood. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Opposites Attract!!

Freedom Of Speech... But Don't Take It Too Far!!

Activist Paper